Friday, June 19, 2009

Nice Green Man Back Piece: Update


Click image(s) to see the larger version(s).

This nifty tattoo comes from the Flickrstream of cp_odd and is licensed under Creative Commons. No artist information provided.

This tattoo is based on original art that I've seen elsewhere on the web at least a hundred times. But, of course, now that I'm want it for the sake of comparison I can't find it. At any rate, a very nice Green Man to bless your day.

Update: Fabulous reader Niklaus has informed me that this Green Man is from the wonderful fantasy artist Brian Froud!

5 comments:

Pom said...

Love that watercolor look it has. Not easy to achieve with tattoos and harder still to find an artist willing and patient enough to do it!

Livia Indica said...

Yep, that's just what I thought!

Niklaus said...

The tattoo is based on artwork by Brian Froud:

http://www.worldoffroud.com/www/main.cfm

Livia Indica said...

Hey thanks Niklaus!!

Daniel said...

Beautiful..I was looking at this Brian Froud piece as well...but my artist chose a different piece to tie in with the fairy piece...Lovely work!