Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fire Ambigram:Update

Edit: Hey folks, there was a really neat tattoo here (see the comments). If you want to see it go visit the Flickrstream of Piers.

This tattoo features that lovely, tricky little thing called an ambigram which is a word that looks the same upside down due to its creative font and style. Be sure to check out the above link as he has similar tattoos for each of the elements, not ambigrams but nifty nonetheless.

Today marks the ancient Roman celebration of Vesta, goddess of the home and hearth. I wanted a fireplace tattoo, couldn't find one, but found this instead! Not what I was looking for but pretty damn cool if I do say do myself!

4 comments:

John Langdon said...

Hell-ooo... I designed the FIRE ambigram. Who is Creative Commons to "license it"?

Livia Indica said...

I was referring to the photo of the tattoo being licensed under Creative Commons by the owner of said tattoo. Since you've expressed yourself so well I will, of course, remove the image and provide a link only to the image of the tattoo.

EmberRose said...

Once you tattoo someone you don't really get to determine what they do with pictures of themselves...because you designed the tat but you don't own the person...

shifty eyes shifty eyes.....lee sit down somewhere.

Livia Indica said...

To be clear, Mr. Langdon isn't the tattoo artist in this equation. He is the designer of the ambigram itself. He designs ambigrams; that's what he does.

When it comes to tattoos the legalities are iffy at best. But since the photo itself was licensed under Creative Commons I didn't see a problem with posting it.

That said, if someone associated with the original design expresses a wish to have an image removed I'll oblige just for the sake of avoiding negativity.