Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pentacle and Moon


Click image(s) to see the larger version(s).

Here's a very pretty tattoo from the Flickrstream of Dmaelus; it is licensed under Creative Commons.

This pentacle tattoo with the moon and clouds in the background makes me kinda think I might get a similar tattoo one day. All of the elements but fire are represented here, with the moon and clouds representing water. The clouds are also representative of air and the pentacle itself is made of wood, so that takes care of earth. And while I think all of the elements should be honored I too would consider excluding an image symbolic of fire within a similar tattoo. Being a watery person all around I have a healthy respect for fire, and all its associations, as well as a great fear of it.

5 comments:

Pom said...

I have a triquetra in a similar concept that I designed as a cover-up for a less than stellar first tattoo. Though mine has more of a Van Gogh look to it in the "negative" space. Mine isn't quite as large either.

Very nicely done piece.

Livia Indica said...

That sounds really neat, feel free to share it!

Clare K. R. Miller said...

Wow, that's really gorgeous.

Livia Indica said...

Yep, I thought so too. I've seen pents with moons in them before but not one with a complete sky scene.

Daniel said...

awesome! I love the tied stick pentacle and the moon and clouds just pop