Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Call for Suggestions; Updates

As my regular readers know I've recently started a new category: Body Mod in Pagan Art. I was really excited about it at first as I figured I'd find lots of examples. Well, either I'm not using the right search terms or I'm not into the right artists or something because I'm having a much tougher time of it than I thought I would. So, I'm putting out a call for pagan-themed art that includes body modification. Now, I don't necessarily mean your own personal, original art (although that would be cool too) but professional or really good amateur examples that you find online. This could include paintings, drawings, digital art, photography, etc. I'm not too picky as long as it's got a pagan-y or magical theme, includes body mod of some sort and is of a pretty good quality. So come on folks and share some art with me! To do so just suggest an artist, send a link or image (with the name of the artist of course) to: neopaganink@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Also, in recent weeks I've made a concerted effort to include more of the mythological history and folklore behind many of the images featured here on NeoPagan Ink. I hope you noticed and enjoy these bits of background; I would love some feedback about it.

Lastly, I'm sorta kinda considering changing the blog template (that's the background and colors) not because I dislike the current look but because I love tinkering with my blogs. I've only had this blog up and running since July and the current template was installed within weeks of the first post so it hasn't really been that long. Now, so far I haven't found another suitable template but I'm still looking. At any rate, I'd like to know your thoughts about it: should I change the template or stick with it for a while longer? Or are you ready for a new color scheme and background? If so could you recommend a new look or template?

As always, I'm fishing for feedback as I consider this a blog for all neopagan tattoo enthusiasts and not just for me. I've always wanted this to be a resource for anyone of the pagan-y persuasion to see the great art to be found on pagan bodies. With your help and input I hope to continue showcasing great tattoos for a long time to come.

2 comments:

Clare K. R. Miller said...

I have noticed the addition of more history and folklore and I love it. Keep it up!

I can definitely see that the blog could use a makeover. One thing I've never liked about the look of this blog is the crossed-out title link. A softer color scheme might also be nice--maybe blues or purples?

Livia Indica said...

Hey feedback! Yay! Yeah, I've never been too crazy about the way the links appear, and the fact that that little white smudge makes it hard to read things. Thanks for your input.